Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Post 1

1. When I asked fellow peers about EDM 310, I was actually surprised to hear positive remarks about this class. After the first day I was slightly overwhelmed and very nervous about the course. However, my friends assured me that the class is not as bad as it seems. They all agreed that you have to maintain a schedule and be well organized. They also said the coursework is time consuming but not necessarily difficult if you correctly follow the given instructions. 2. I believe my biggest fear about EDM 310 is not being able to keep up with all the work and when everything is due. I am worried about mixing up group project deadlines with individual project deadlines. 3. Compared to all other classes I have taken, none of them have been solely computer based or independent learning like EDM 310. I believe EDM 310 is constructed very differently than any other class. I think the challenge of this course is geared more towards the difference in its construction. 4. I think the most difficult aspect of EDM 310 will be the independent learning. When I hear independent learning, to me, that automatically proves that there will be information I will not clearly understand. I do very well in my burp back classes so I am nervous with my success in this class. 5. The best way for me to address my difficulties in this class is to simply stay on top of my assignments. I think by being well organized and not trying to do the assignments in a hurry or last minute, I will be able to dedicate the necessary time and attention it takes to understand the material. 6. I have no further questions at this time.

2 comments:

  1. I am actually surprised you heard positive remarks. When I asked fellow education majors about this course all the comments were negative. Though they did tell me that, if I make sure I turn in my work on time I will be okay in the class. The worry of mixing up the individual projects, the group projects and their deadlines was also one of mine. I am sure that if you stay on top of the course work this class will be effective and helpful in your upcoming professional career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more burp-back education! For you or your students!

    ReplyDelete