Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Brionna Brown and I am 19 years old. I have lived in a total of five states. I was born in South Carolina and my family currently lives in Jackson, Mississippi. My family consists of my parents, my brother, my dog and I. We are a very close family and all athletes. One of my major passions is volleyball. It is how I happened to attend this university. I spent my freshmen year playing volleyball for the Jaguars. Now that I am no longer playing, I have been able to dedicate more time to another passion, which is helping younger children. Because I no longer play a sport, I am able to tutor three times a week plus coach Upward. Placing myself in such environments has been such a joy and has helped strengthen my desire to become a teacher.

I have always wanted to enter the field of education. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. My favorite game would be setting my room up as a classroom and using my stuffed animals as students. I would even go as far as giving them assigned seats and making my mom the principle. My mom and my grandmother are both in the education field so I am also following their footsteps. As I got older, I became more serious about my career choice. I engrossed myself in every opportunity to help younger students. I began babysitting at an early age, I tutored every chance I could, and I entered the mentoring program when I was a senior in high school. Now that I am actually in college, it is so surreal that I am one step closer to my dream career.

No comments:

Post a Comment