Thursday, February 27, 2014

C4K Summary for February

Should Athletes Who USed Banned Substances Be Allowed in the Hall of Fame

In week one's post, Matthew introduced the controversy about allowing athletes, specifically baseball players, who have used performance enhancing drugs into the Hall of Fame. He mentioned the fact that it was not against MLB regulations until 2004 for players to use PED. In my comment, I mentioned that I think this is an important fact. I believe we should not punish those who possibly did not know the negative effects of PED and were technically following the rules. He brought up the fact that using PED is cheating. However, I question that statement in terms of rewarding these athletes in the Hall of Fame. Today using PED is considered cheating mainly because it is a violation to use them. With that in mind, can we consider it cheating prior to 2004 if it was not a rule? I found this debate very interesting and I look forwarded to hearing the outcome.

About You and About You Only Survey

In week two's post, Jamie constructed a survey. This survey was designed to tally the results of questions regarding information about ourselves. The questions included things like your favorite food, your gender, where you are from, etc. I think the questions were well construed and will have diverse results. My favorite part about this survey was the comments made under each question. I think they added flavor to the survey and made me laugh at points.

Grandparents: 10 Good Things and 10 Bad

In week three's post, Imaan discussed the ten good and bad characteristics of grandparents. Imaan started this post by explaining how everyone loves grandparents but some things need to be said. I found this post very amusing and accurate! Some of the top good things Imaan included were: they give you presents, they are always on your side, and they give you awesome candy. Some of the top bad things Imaan included were: sometimes they can not hear what you say, they fall asleep whenever they want, and they eat the most boring things for dinner. I love my grandparents very much, but I agree with everything said in this post, both the good and the bad. For example, one of the good things Imaan said was grandparents are always on your side. My grandparents are always on my side, especially when I am in trouble with my own parents. One of the bad things Imaan said was their stories can be really long. Whenever mine get ready to tell a story, I have to make sure I am comfortable because I know it's going to be a while. I really enjoyed this post because I thought it was personal and accurate.

I Believe

In week four's post, Russwell wrote about NFL football. This post was a very passionate description of football and the teams/players involved. Russwell further explained who his favorite players were and why they're his favorite. The post was difficult to follow at times, due to punctuation and grammatical errors, but overall it was a fascinating post. I am not very interested in football, therefore this post taught me things I was definitely unaware of. Being an ex-athelete myself, I enjoy seeing the passion in other people's work and I could definitely see Russwell's passion for football.

Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment